Thursday, January 26, 2023

Just Because Someone Was A Jerk, Doesn't Mean You Have To Be

Here's a post I read that my friend re shared from someone on her timeline. (Words in red mine)

"Happy people don’t go around intentionally making others miserable. They just don’t. They don’t tear down, or pick fights, or create drama where there is none to be made. They don’t wish bad on others, or belittle. I used to think it was my job to “win” with people who’d been rude. I 𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 respond to negative comments, and I 𝙪𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 try to change people’s minds, and then one day I thought “what the hell am I doing? I’m doing exactly what they want. This isn’t revenge. This is me falling into their trap. Shame on me.” 

I don’t try to get back at people anymore. It’s such a waste—of my time, of my energy, of my thoughts. Nah...you can go ahead. I can’t control you. I’m just going to be over here drinking my healthy, mood boosting coffee living my life for me if you need me.

I’m gonna choose grace. I'm gonna chase gratitude. I’m gonna bring joy to the table. I’m gonna reach for hope. I’m gonna run with faith. I’m gonna guard my heart, and I’m gonna protect my peace. I’m gonna dream, I’m gonna do good, and I’m gonna be kind. I’m gonna encourage, and I’m gonna uplift others and I can’t do that if I get down on their level. 

I’m gonna do what God’s asked me to do, and I’m gonna keep my thoughts on Him, which is exactly where they belong. 

I hope you’ll follow suit and let it go, cause there is absolutely no happiness to be found in anger, bitterness, jealousy, and hate. None. 

Maybe they don’t deserve it, but YOU do. Life is so short, and it’s so easy to waste it dwelling on BS. Spread light, and if other people don’t like it, get so loud you can’t hear them anymore. 

Honestly, The best thing you can do is to pray for them. They must be going through something to be in such a negative place. So you can either extend hurt, or you can extend mercy, but you can’t do both. Please don’t jump in the ring and continue the cycle of negativity. Don’t play the game. Don’t do that to your own heart. Don’t do that to the others. There’s no glory there, and I know that’s not who you are."

#breakthecycle

Here's a picture from a page that I follow which I thought goes nicely with this. 

"Jesus separated Himself from the Father by going to the cross and suffering so you wouldn't have to."

Just because you were hurt or abused by somebody, doesn't justify your seeking revenge on others or becoming a jerk/abuser


No comments:

Post a Comment