Monday, January 9, 2023

I'm 30 And Still Single

Well, it's official, I've hit the three-zero mark. It really doesn't seem that long ago where I'm in my teens and twenties thinking how "old" being 30 is. It just seemed so far away, all I can say is I don't feel much different than I did back then. My body and health is still in good shape. I'm still a young kid at heart. I've been learning life lessons and getting wiser. I've found my dream job and I'm lovin' it! Yet the only thing missing it seems is a relationship with a man, BUT, I'm not at all worried. Should I be though? Maybe to a lot of people, I should. But the truth is, I'm genuinely content and at peace with being single. It gives me more freedom to work on myself, make up for any lost and missed opportunities, and more importantly-have FUN while living life to the full! Without adding any relationship drama or stress. 

While I know some friends who are happily married and lusting after each other, it's so common I feel like for many to give up and despair if they're unable to find someone suitable for marriage. And while I can understand to some extent how lonely and isolating that can be, personally, I feel it's so much better than marrying some loser or jerk and being miserable and stressed out. Or settling for someone who's boring and unattractive. 

It doesn't get easier when relatives or friends keep asking, "When will it be your turn?" Thankfully, I've not had a lot of people ask me that. They've been pretty respectful and understanding. And while I appreciate those playing matchmaker to help a friend out, honestly, it's not really something I need right now. That's not to say I hate dating or men, it's just that I'm not prioritizing or centering my identity around them. 

I don't need a man to complete me or make me feel validated and loved. If it ends up happening someday, great. It will be the cherry on top. But I can be satisfied without it. There is more to life than having a relationship status. I do believe it is possible to enjoy being single without letting it consume you. At the very least, I can say that I've already had my taste of what could have been a sweet, fairy-tale romance in my life. Would have been great if it wasn't illusive but genuine, but for me, it's enough. My cup is already full and overflowing. Cheers to celebrating me turning 30! And for the record, 30 is now the new 20 ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment