Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Bitterness and Healing

"Healing is such a process. And when more hurtful things happen in the midst of our healing, it’s only natural for bitterness to come knocking.
 
But I’m learning that bitterness doesn’t protect me or prove anything. It only turns me into someone I don’t want to be. So, I find a healthier way to process than seething over what happened.
 
If you’re struggling with this right now, I want you to know how sorry I am. But I also want you to remember sometimes our hearts aren’t bitter… they are just really broken.
 
And Psalm 34:18 says, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” I love this promise from God. He is close to us when our hearts are broken from circumstances we can’t change and relationships that will never be the same. You are not alone in your hurt."- Lysa TerKeurst



No comments:

Post a Comment