Thursday, November 24, 2022

Misconceptions About My Thanksgiving Post

I received complaints about my previous post on Thanksgiving, so I just wanted to set the record straight. To make things clear, my intention was not to cause any division whatsoever. Those resource videos I shared were simply opinions or explanations as to why some people either partake or don’t partake in the holiday…. I thought there were interesting points in each video.. Some of them said the same or similar thing as the other but were more detailed or had some different and additional commentary. One video just stated reasons as to why they don’t celebrate, that had no religious affiliation to it. Another video was a rebuttal to the other videos insisting it’s pagan idolatry saying it isn’t and it’s fine to celebrate Thanksgiving. That’s why it’s important to look at all sources provided to get a better understanding…Not just one….

It’s always good to consider different perspectives from different angles, and not react to just one.. Some aren’t as clear cut as others. But, at the end of the day, what matters more is showing love and consideration despite differences in views. Which was the entire point of my post… Because some have experienced bullying or teasing and harassment on both ends. Which is not acceptable. Nobody should be bullied, shamed, or teased for choosing not to participate in a holiday, and the same applies for the ones who do. If you call yourself a Christian, then act like it. It isn’t right to be rude or spiteful to someone who doesn’t share your view.

I wasn’t bashing on or hating the holiday which evidently was perceived that way somehow. Anywho, I just wanted to clear the air. If anyone writes negative or nasty comments, it will be removed and you will be blocked. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment