Sunday, April 8, 2018

Some General Blogging Tips

I started this blog only because I felt the Lord tug my spirit to write and share whatever He’s showing me. About an hour or later, out of the blue, I got a confirmation from a friend encouraging me to share what the Lord is teaching me in a blog. So there ya have it! Lol.

Anywho, there have been people asking for tips on searching for good blogs and how to promote theirs. I’m certainly no expert when it comes to blogging or the bloggersphere world (if that’s even a word lol), but I wanted to share some ideas based on my observations, advice from friends, and experimenting on my own.

I suggest trying to connect with other bloggers on their blog page. Not out of obligation or pretense but actually trying to genuinely engage with them. It seems the more you do that, the more it’ll expand your horizons and opportunities to connect with other bloggers who have also made comments. Those who know you’re interested in them will likely return the favor. Again, I’m not really an expert, but it seems to be the case. You could also maybe try different platforms like Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Bloglovin, Tumblr,….or whatever’s hot off the press and ask around to learn different strategies and tips in different blogging groups. You could also volunteer to do guest posts for other blogs and include your blog with your post.

Speaking of groups, I feel like FB pages don’t get enough exposure because FB keeps changing things up with their unnecessary ads and so people’s newsfeeds tend to get clogged up. So many turn to FB groups where they have daily promo threads to share their content. But a lot of them just drop off their link without returning the favor (liking their page and following them back). I think two important questions must be asked:

1. “Am I just wanting to gain followers?”

2. “Am I doing this for the glory of God?”

Whatever you do, just make sure it all falls in line with glorifying God. No matter how big or small your ministry is. Because in the end, all that matters is that you’re being a humble, willing servant desiring to please Christ out of total reverence.

So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men. Colossians 3:23

Here are more tips to read about from a well-known popular Christian blogger. {Twenty Tips for Christian Bloggers From an Expert (not really)}

No comments:

Post a Comment