Friday, February 17, 2017

Abiding In Christ

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”-John 15:1-5

A girl asked me what it means to abide in Christ and what that looks like in our lives.

And I told her that to me, abide means to dwell in His presence through filling our minds with His Word, trusting Him, and letting Him transform our hearts to be more like His. It’s a continual act of surrendering ourselves to Him on a daily basis.

The more we remain firmly rooted and established in Christ (Ephesians 3:14-19; Colossians 2:7) by saturating ourselves in His Word (Psalm 1:2-3; Psalm 119:15-16) the more we reflect His Christlike nature through our words and actions.

Thought this was something good to ponder on.



Please watch this 9 minute video that explains more of the PRUNING process in detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment