Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Short Testimony

I didn't grow up in a Christian home environment, my mom doesn't know the Lord and my dad is very lukewarm in his faith, he'll occasionally talk about God but refuses to live out the truth. When I was 14, I had some questions about God and salvation so my dad took me to see his co-worker who's a very devout Christian to answer any questions I had, which I honestly don't remember his replies except for being asked to pray a prayer accepting Jesus into my heart. After praying that, I "felt" like I was saved but I wasn't displaying any fruitful evidence throughout the years, God was more of an afterthought to me and I used Him as a get out of hell free card.

When I went to college I was going through personal life issues and questioning my identity and purpose. I hit rock bottom and blamed it all on God, causing me to "renounce" my faith and live in perpetual sin. I heavily wrestled with God afterwards and He made me realize that I wasn't truly saved since I didn't know what I was doing, so after feeling intense sorrow and disgusted with my sin that He showed me, I repented and recommitted to making Him Lord and Savior of my life.

It's very crucial to understand that praying a simple prayer doesn't save you, neither does relying on your feelings when you pray, it is understanding that you are a sinner separated from God and that His Son Jesus gave His life for you on the cross to reconcile your relationship with Him. By trusting in Jesus Christ alone to save you as a result of His undying love for you and admitting that you are a sinner needing a savior to rescue you from your sins and accepting His Lordship in your life, you become a child of God covered by His grace and enter an exciting, new, ongoing relationship with God now throughout eternity.

It's not going to be easy, but it'll all be worth it as long as you keep your eyes focused on Jesus and living your life to please and serve Him out of reverence, not terror. Find a good, solid, Bible teaching church to help you grow in your faith and walk it out to be a light for others so that they will want to know God too.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."-John 3:16

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."-Ephesians 2:8-9

"It is good and pleasing in God's sight, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all."-1 Timothy 2:4-5

If you'd like to read more of my testimony in depth, click on this link: It Will Get Better+Testimony

No comments:

Post a Comment